I’ve finally got myself an airbrush and an air compressor. Actually I got it quite some time ago, even before I build my own spray booth. You can see the spray booth here. I just only recently started airbrushing.
To start things off I thought I use a cheap and simple kit as an experiment. After all, this is my first airbrush project and I don’t want to screw up a master grade of something like that. So the genie pig for this experimentation is… … … a HGUC 1/144 Gogg that I got for RM20 at the 2006 Malaysia BAKUC. You can see the BAKUC coverage in this post.
Below is a simple WIP for this project.
The body, shoulders, legs, and almost every part of the Gogg is pretty dull and uninteresting. I thought I make it more interesting my adding a few panel lines to it. I use masking tape to mark out the lines for scripting panel lines and use a homemade scriber to script the lines.
The scriber was made by inserting a suitable size needle into an old mechanical pencil. I learned this from the Dengeki magazine.